- Hear Updates on Current Projects & Funding
- Learn about Summer "Read Together, Talk Together" Mini-Bookmobile Plans
- Enjoy conversation with others about early childhood possibilities for Winona's youngest kids!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Early Childhood Family Education
ECFE Welcomes ALL Families!
The Mission of ECFE is to educate, empower, and support all families by supporting parents as their child's first teacher, by offering information about child development and parenting techniques, and by giving children opportunities to discover and learn.
Fun Things for You to do With Your Children.
Build A Little Snowman
Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot"
Build a little snowman, starting with his feet.
Put on lots of snow, and pat it all so neat.
Then make a round ball, and put it up on top.
Then the sun will come out, and make the snowman hot.
Toddler Gym Night
If you want a special time to bring your toddler to the gym, come join us on the dates listed below. Parents and toddlers 12-36 months are invited to drop in for an evening of active play. Just drop in, no registration is required. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for your toddler.
PLEASE TODDLERS ONLY!!!
Early Childhood Gym Room 107
Drop – In Play Group
Join our ECFE staff on Thursday afternoon from 12:30-2:30 PM for our drop – in play group. There will be toys and activities to explore, music and songs to listen to and other parents and children to meet. The class meets weekly and is FREE. Registration is not required.
Early Childhood Room 106
Dates and Topics for Drop In
2/14/08 Hearts and Hugs
2/21/08 Silly Senses
2/28/08 Lights! Camera! Action!
3/6/08 Big Book Exploration
3/13/08 No Mess Paint
3/20/08 My Own Project
Second Annual ECFE PTA Sock Hop!
Saturday February 23, 2007
$3 per person or $12 per family at the door
5100 W 9th Street
The PTA presents the second annual ECFE Sock Hop with music by the KookenMeier Family. Dance the night away with your young ones. Come to the Goodview Elementary gym and enjoy music, games, snacks and good family fun! All proceeds will go to support the ECFE PTA special events.
ECFE PTA Family Gym Nights
ECFE PTA invites you to come and play with your preschool children!
These gym nights are free and no registration is needed.
PTA members will be available to help and answer your questions.
If open gym night isn't suited to you and your toddler try Toddler Gym nights set up just for parents and children ages 12-36 months.
Note: You are responsible for supervising your children at these events.
Watch for the Spring Community Education catalog, due in the mail to you the end of February.
ECFE registrations will be due March 20, by Noon. Spring classes will start April 1.
If you would like more information regarding ECFE please call 507-494-0913.
To see a Community Education Catalog on - line go to www.winona.k12.mn.us, Community, Community Education, Quick Links, Catalog, Printable Catalog, Winter 2008.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Family Gym Nights • Fridays, 6-7:30 pm, Feb. 1, 8, 29 • Goodview School
• Come play with your preschool children! Free and open to all ages.
Toddler Gym Nights • Tuesdays, 5:30-7pm, Feb. 12, 26 •Room 107, Goodview School
• Open to parents and toddlers 12-36 months.
• No pre-registration needed. Sponsored by ECFE PTA. More info: 494-0913
ECFE Drop-In Playgroup • Thursdays 12:30-2:30pm • Room 106, Goodview School
•February Activities: Feb. 7 – Parachute Play, Feb. 14 – Hearts and Hugs, Feb. 21 – Silly Senses, Feb. 28 – Lights! Camera! Action!
• Come play with your pre-K children at Early Childhood Family Education. Make a craft, play with toys, or run around the Zoom Room. Open to all; no registration required, but donations appreciated. More info: 494-0913
Goose Bump Jump • Sat, Feb 9, 12-3 pm • Lake Park Lodge (foot of Main St., Lake Park)
• Watch Winona Park & Rec staff, plus dedicated community volunteers, plunge into Lake Winona to raise money for Winona parks. More info: 457-8258
Library Events • Winona Public Library
• Tuesday Storytime: Toddlers Tales – 10-10:20am, Preschoolers – 10:30-11am, Family night – 6:30-7pm. Special Valentine sessions with snack & craft on Tues, Feb 12
• Sat, Feb 9, 11am-noon ~ Little House celebration at Winona Public Library. Learn about pioneer times from Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House in the Big Woods. Make a salt dough ornament, snack on homemade bread & apple butter, and hear fiddle music. Dress up pioneer-style if you like! More info: 452-4592
Minnesota Marine Art Museum Events
• Hours: Mon - CLOSED Tues - 10am-8pm Wed-Sat - 10am-5pm Sun 11am-5pm
• Frozen Family Fun Fest – Sat, Feb 16, 10am-1pm – Watch a steamboat be carved out of ice or sign up to create your own ice boat sculpture. Tools and colored water will be supplied. Other activities for all ages will be available.
• Free Saturday Storytelling – Feb 23, 10-11am – “HeART Warming Stories” – Enjoy a story in front of original artworks. Afterwards, create original artwork of your own!
• Take advantage of FREE admission for ages 17 and under on every Tuesday!!
• More info visit www.minnesotamarineart.org or call 507-474-6626
Kindermusik Classes • Starting Feb. 20 or 21 at Grace Place, Winona *Come join in the fun of making music with your child! Classes available for all ages.
• Contact Cathy 457-9406 or Carla 452-2283 for details.
Moms Supporting Moms Group • Tues, Feb 21 • Room 106, Goodview School
• Children up to age 8 can attend with their moms. Activities for different ages of children will be planned. For child care or transportation needs, call Deb 494-0950.
ECFE 2nd Annual Sock Hop • Sat, Feb 23, 6-8pm • Goodview School
• Come join us for a night of fun! There will be a dance, a silent auction, a cupcake walk, and refreshments. $3/person or $12/family. Call 494-0913 for details.
Grumpy Old Men Festival • Sat, Feb 23, 9am-1 am • Wabasha
• Some events include a pet pageant, bingo, minnow races, and Raghetti Spaghetti.
• More info: Wabasha-Kellogg CVB, 800-565-4158 or www.wabashamn.org
This events calendar is sponsored by the Winona Early Childhood Family Education PTA. For more information about Early Childhood Family Education programs and events, call 494-0913.
66 E. 2nd Street
Winona, MN 55987
Kindermusik Village: Dew Drops
Newborn to 18 months
Instructor: Carla Burton
♪ 8 weekly 45-minute sessions with parent/caregiver on Thursdays at 10:00 am & 6:00 pm, starting February 21
♪ Optional home materials include Baby’s Literature Book, Baby’s Home Journal, Home CD, Art Banner, Clear Vinyl Storage and Carry Bag. Cost: $30.00
♪ Tuition: $56.00
Kindermusik Our Time: Away We Go!
Children ages 1-1/2 to 3 years
Instructor: Cathy Kreisel
♪ 12 weekly 45-minutes sessions with parent/caregiver on Wednesdays at 10:00 am & 6:30 pm starting Feb. 20
♪ Optional home materials include 2 Music & Movement Books, a Home Activity Book, 2 Home CDs, Child’s Train Carry Box, and 2 Harmonicas—1 for child & 1 for parent. Cost: $50.00
♪ Tuition: $84.00
Kindermusik Family Time: Here, There, Everywhere
Instructor: Cathy Kreisel
♪ Multi-age, multi-children! Families with children ages newborn & up
♪ 10 weekly 45-minute sessions with parents/caregivers on Mondays at 6:15 pm starting February 18
♪ Optional home materials include 1 hand & finger puppet, 2 literature books, 1 Family Activity Book, Game Board, 2 CDs, & 2 Jambourine Instruments. Cost: $60.00
♪ Tuition: $70.00 first child, $50.00 second child Best Deal!
Kindermusik Sign & Sing B--Animal Theme
Ages 6 months to 3 years
Instructor: Carla Burton
♪ 5 weekly 45-minute sessions with caregiver on Thursdays at 10:00 am & 6:00 pm starting May 1
♪ Optional home Materials: Family Activity Guide, 30 Animal Signs Flash Cards, & a children’s DVD The Treausre Chest: Signs, Songs, and Rhymes. Cost: $30.00
♪ Tuition: $35.00
Please contact Carla at 452-2283 (email@example.com) or Cathy at
457-9406 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register. OR fill out our registration form and mail it to the appropriate class instructor. (Addresses are at the bottom of the registration form). Checks should be made out to Carla Burton or Cathy Kreisel. We appreciate enrollment at least one week before the first class session, so we can send for home materials and solidify our schedule. A $5.00 discount will be given to those who register at least 2 weeks early. Classes may be cancelled due to lack of enrollment. Find a friend to enroll & receive a $5.00 rebate.
Fees: Home materials are optional but highly recommended. All tuition is $7.00 per class. Half of the tuition and all the home materials fee must be paid when registering. The second half of the tuition is due at the first class. The home materials fee must be paid in advance, as we have to order them from North Carolina. The materials fee for late registration will be higher in order to cover additional costs of shipping and handling. Please feel free to ask about sliding fees, which are available for eligible families.
Be one of the first 5 people to register & receive a free Kindermusik CD!